Thursday, January 9, 2014

I'm Still Into You

Here I am in bed, the day was a success. It's funny how last night I was so excited to go to sleep so that I could wake up this morning and get ready so I could leave on my merry way. Little bit of a roadtrip on my own. It was such a wonderful and beautiful day. I'm not sure it could have been any better. 
Philip and I probably fell more in love today. Like really. You could feel it. In your gut, and probably see it in our eyes. 
I'm not sure what's changed since the last time I drove out there to spend the day with him to today. All I know is that I'm completely happy and confident in myself compared to then; but really I'm so unaware of what changed so drastically in me. It's like when I asked The Lord to fill me up and change my heart and mind it happened. Perfectly. It's just so amazing. He's so faithful. When we trust him and even if it seems hard and bleak he still swoops in and saves the day. Because he loves us. I stand amazed. 
Even with Philip and my relationship. So much has changed. Just like in the song we've been singing all day by one of my favorite bands-- Paramore, Still Into You.

"I should be over all the butterflies, 
but I'm into you. 
And even on our worst night, 
I'm into you. 
It's amazing that we've got this far 
cause I don't even need to wonder at all 
after all this time 
I'm still into you.

We've been through hell and back individually and brutally even as a couple, lots of change, separation, long distance, hearts, mindsets, family, friends, mistakes, bad decisions. You name it we've had to deal with it. Already, and it's so crazy to me. Because honestly, we started dating when Philip was 16 and I was 18-- we've been dealing with things way beyond our maturity level, early on. But either way, I'm grateful for all the lessons learned as well as all the lessons to learn later on. Honestly I'm so thankful we've gotten to deal with a lot of these issues now; upfront rather than years from now or later down the road during on our engagement or worse during our marriage. It's crazy because being so young for us was something we enjoy, because we get to dream up futures together and grow up, change, experience, and learn things together. We've grown and learned a lot-- about ourselves, and each other. It's been an amazing journey so far. I'm only excited to see what else is in store for us. I believe glory to glory and were going for it, together. I wouldn't have it any other way. 
Today was so perfect though, really. I only wish that I could've recorded the moment that Philip walked into the hallway where the mailboxes are, when he saw me-- he about crapped himself. He barely could speak and he kept walking even though I was standing still waiting for some type of response. And then when he finally did speak he kept asking me if it was real life. Then he hugged me. It was literally the best plan. I almost went back on the plan too, since he's sick I was going to wait till next week but this morning I just had to go. I'm so incredibly glad that I did. 

"It's not a walk in the park
to love each other
but when our fingers interlock
I can't deny it you're worth it,
cause after all this time
I'm still into you."

No comments:

Post a Comment