Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Florida Weather,

Well here I am folks. Across the country from my beloved home town, my family, and my best friends. On a very real note. A lot has happened and changed over this past year--2013 held a lot of crazy experiences for me. As well as this year held a lot of great & unforgettable moments. I'm thankful & blessed nonetheless. So anyways. It's almost Christmas, here we are. It's funny to me that I can imagine all of my family and friends that are currently back home cuddled up for the night or whatever. And I'm in bed wearing shorts and a tank. Drinking hot tea however, just because I love it no matter what. The weather here is barely in it's low 80's. Back home it's almost & sort of is freezing. My best friend in fact got into a car accident this past weekend while driving in the snow for the first time. Thankfully, she was safe and not harmed in any way. Just freaked out. I miss home though. I miss Fall photo-shoots with Steph, I miss the rain & hot cocoa while being all wrapped up in blankets on the couch watching movies I've watched a million times over with my favorite people. I miss church and everyone there. I miss not being able to finish my bagel during second service & everyone making fun of me for it & then someone taking it & finishing it for me. I miss jumping on my little sisters and bugging the hell out of them every day. I miss my mom's cooking, I miss awkward moments with my step dad. I miss my amazing, anointed Grandma Winchester & our walks at Benicia State Park, I miss going to BCC with her & just sharing our hearts & whatever the lord was doing or showing us. I miss sushi dates with my aunt Katie. I miss all the little babies running around. I miss going to the movies with Zach & Boob--Caleb. I miss driving & walking right into the Parker's house without knocking or ringing the doorbell. I miss buying brownie mix & bringing it to the Parker's to randomly bake at eleven o' clock at night. I miss random adventures. I miss hiking with Steph. I miss going to the batting cages with my brother. I miss shopping & sister dates with my sissy-Lyna. I miss it all. That's what this Florida weather is doing to me. It doesn't feel like Christmas. Whenever I hear the Christmas music I just hear noise. When before I could feel the warmth & love that's completely wrapped up in it all. I know that this season is beautiful & wonderful. But I would be blatantly lying if I said I was perfectly happy here. Because Christmas & this whole season only means the world to me because of my family. And this is what the Florida weather is doing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment